Ice Cube Says Warner Bros. Refuses to Make “Friday” Sequel

 

While many people are questioning whether there will ever be another sequel in the Friday franchise, Ice Cube took to Instagram to reveal that it doesn’t seem likely.

Cube posted a cartoon drawing of the original Friday characters along with the caption, “#freefriday from the jaws of Warner Bros. who refuses to make more sequels. They have hi-jacked the happiness of the culture.”

This comes after Ice Cube told late-night host Seth Meyers last year that plans for a fourth Friday were stalled after the death of John Witherspoon, who played “Pops” in all three of the movies. At the time of the interview, Ice Cube stated that plans for the movie were on the back-burner, and recent news about Warner Bros. makes it seem even more unlikely for the near future.

Related posts

Leave a Comment